Monday, 13 September 2010

Shortbread.

I started making shortbread long ago, I think the first time I made it was as a gift for my mum, for mothers day, I think? I don't know where I got it from its just kinda always been in my head. Anyway, I love this recipe, it so easy!

Ingredients:

100g Plain Flour
100g Cornflour or Barley Flour
100g Butter
60g Caster Suger- I use Golden, purely by preference.

Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a baking/cookie tray with greaseproof paper.

Mix all the ingredients in a bowl using your fingers. At first they will form soft breadcrumbs, but after a while, a dough will be formed.

Knead the dough into a smooth ball and gently press and roll it into a round shape, about 1cm thick. 
Cut shapes from the dough using pastry cutters and place on the prefered backing tray. Using a fork or a scewer pierce the shortbread to form patterns on the surface.

Place in the oven and back for 20-25 minutes or until light golden and firm to the touch.

Enjoy!
Jenni ♥

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, that is exactly what I feel like right now. And any recipie with cornflower in it is a GO ;)
    UO x
    http://unionolivia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't let me into your house while the shortbread is still around. i am such a fatspo.

    http://prairiemyheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. woah I just woke up and that looks like a perfect breakfast, I'm hungry now O.o

    ReplyDelete
  4. mm short bread sounds so good right now! :) I'm tempted to try this haha

    ReplyDelete