Tuesday, 15 June 2010

Camping Food.

Sorry for my lack of blogging, i have been extraordinarily busy for reasons I actually don't know.

In the past few weeks I have been camping on two occasions, one with Air Training Corps down in Folkestone, and the other for my best friend Evie's birthday party. The food on these two occasions were both completely different and I realised regedless to my fine taste, daily meals can be made easily.

When I went down to Folkestone, we were just told to bring 'food' for an evening meal. I was just like 'WHAT?! WHAT?!' with absolutely no idea of what to bring. The morning before I left I bought a gas cooker, yet I still had nothing to eat. I raded my Dad's cupboard (he seems to live on the bare minimum for every case-- his kitchen containing a few cans of easy cooks, some bread, marmite, tea bags and milk, honestly) where I found Heinz beef Ravioli. I started cooking it, really quite apprehensive that it might turn out disgusting to be pleasantly suprised. Maaaan, its NICE. I wanted more. Try it ;)


With my sergeant on our 12k walk.

For Evie's, her dad made a good old Barbeque.


It was pirate fancy dress by the way ;)

We had Sainsbury's Taste the Difference Beef Burgers, which were delicious. If however you have a little more time, here's an excellent burger recipe from the young chef Sam Stern's book, Real Food Real Fast. My sister Senni , is the burger maker of the family and if mine dont stick I get really mad and chuck 'em across the kitchen.

For 4.
Slash of olive oil, 1 medium chopped onion, 2 cloves of garlic, 450g beef mince, fresh thyme, 1 small egg beaten, 1 tsp tomato ketchup- you gotta opt for heinz :), salt, pepper, and 4 soft baps.

1. Heat oil in pan. Add onion, garlic, bit of salt. Fry gently till soft. Cool.
2. Slap mince into bowl. Add herbs, egg, ketchup, seasoning and fried onion and galic.
3. Mix well with fork. Form 4 burgers. Fridge for 5 minutes.
4. Preheat griddle or barbeque. Brush burgers with a little oil. Cook 3 miutes each side. Repeat till cooked to taste. Reast for a minute.
5. Stack burger: 1, Barbied bap. 2, burger. 3, slice o' tomato. 4, Rocket or lettuce. 5, Ketchup, guacamole, sweet chilli sauce, mayo or whatever relish you like.

There you have it, serve with a rustic salad to finish the summer night.

Jenni xxx

1 comment:

  1. Wow, 12km walk. You uber fit girl! Well done :)
    Aah, I wish I was there for the earlier photos and I was all piratey! Where are they all so I can see them?
    x x x x

    ReplyDelete