Saturday, 8 May 2010

Real Food Festival

On Friday I had the oppurtunity to go to Earls Court to the Real Food Festival. And I loved it. Who wouldn't love a place where tasters are being thrown at you continuously?! In my opinion it was shear bliss!

This was a little Italian stall selling chorizo, salami, cheese and organic garlic!




Has anyone had this? Firefly Energy Drinks? They are now my favourite drink ever, my favourite being Peaches and Green Tea, and will be the drink of the summer, or perhaps only mine!

I picked up a beautiful recipe there, from Discover the Origin, which is a Parma Ham risotto, not to everyones taste, but in my opinion amazing. Once you have learnt how to make risotto it comes 'easy peasy lemon squeezy'! My mum is still nagging me to teach her how to make it, one day it will happen!

Serves 4
Ingredients: 50g butter, 1 small onion- chopped, 2 garlic cloves- chopped, 300g risotto rice(I use arborio), 200ml white wine, 1.2 litres vegtable stock- hot, Knob of butter, 150g Parma Ham- cut into strips, 4 tbsp. Marscapone(or any mild cream cheese), 1 packet of rocket, 200g peas and Parmigiano-Reggiano shavings- to serve.

Melt the butter, on a medium low heat in a deep pan, add the onion and cook gently until softened. Add the garlic until that too is softened, then the rice and stir until coated in butter, then add the wine and stir until the liquid has been absorbed. Add the stock, ladleful by ladleful, stir each time until completely absorbed. Keep stiring until the stock is finished and the rice is slightly 'al dente' but creamy. Season and leave to rest for a minute or two.
In a second frying pan, heat a knob of butter, and add the Parma Ham and fry till crisp. Add the Parma Ham to the rice, followed by the rocket, Marscapone, and peas. Serve quickly, and top with the cheese shavings.

Not my photography, scanned from the picture on the recipe.

I had a wonderful time and will hopefully be heading back next year!



Enjoy!
Jenni xxx

2 comments:

  1. I really want to try that energy drink, the flavour you like sounds so yummy! I need one today for athletics, lol.
    I am going to try the recipie tonight, sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a great one! mmm, that recipie sounds amaazing! I must try it.
    God i love your blog!
    Looking sexaay as in your uniform!
    UO x
    http://unionolivia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete